Recent Water Damage Posts
Water Category Changes
SERVPRO of Cienega Mold Remediation. Call now (323) 400-3400
Our first step in an inspection is to determine what category the water is. The category of water at a job site is important information to properly mitigate any damage. There are 3 categories for any water damage.
Category 1 - Includes a sanitary water source that does not pose substantial risk. Depending on the length of time and temperature, category 1 can deteriorate to category 2 or category 3. Supply lines, rainwater, toilet tanks are some common examples of category 1.
Category 2 - Contains significant contamination and has the potential to cause discomfort or sickness. category 2 also can turn into category 3 depending on the temperature and how long it has been left untreated.
Category 3 - Grossly contaminated and can contain pathogenic toxigenic, or other harmful agents and can cause significant adverse reactions to humans if contacted or consumed. Any porous material is subject to needing to be disposed of.
Pack Out Services
SERVPRO of Cienega Pack Out Services. Call now at (323) 400-3400
Dealing with a home disaster can be quite devastating. It becomes more overwhelming when you lose your personal belongings due to the damages of a fire or water loss. In an event of a water or fire loss, contents may be affected. With this, our content specialists will professionally inspect all contents that might have been affected. At times, some of the items may be identified to be “non-salvageable” or “total loss” which means that those items cannot be cleaned or restored. For proper water mitigation, mold remediation, or fire restoration, these unaffected belongings need to be moved out of the home. SERVPRO of Cienega wants to ensure that your home and personal belongings are in good hands. We don’t only offer restoration services, we also help with any pack-outs that are needed in such events. Our trained pack-out technicians will take appropriate measures to minimize loss or damage of contents by carefully inventorying, packing, transporting, cleaning, storing, and delivering your belongings. With any emergency situation, SERVPRO of Cienega will be ready 24/7, 365.
SERVPRO of Cienega Mold Remediation. Call now (323) 400-3400
In most cases being proactive than reactive saves a lot of time and money. Mold prevention is one of those cases. Here are a few tips to help prevent mold growth in your residential or commercial property:
1. Always have proper ventilation. Bathrooms go through a lot of high levels of humidity and moisture. Always crack a window open during and after a shower. If you don't have a window, make sure your air vent works well and gets cleaned frequently.
2. If water damage happens, be proactive about correctly drying and preventing further damage. Insurance companies usually only cover recent sudden bursts and leaks. Any mold growth found long term and if it's already dry, most insurance companies and policies do not cover the cost of remediation.
3. Keep your home in good shape and inspect frequently for any leaks or roof damage.
How to Prevent Water Damage
SERVPRO of Cienega Inspections. Call now (323) 400-3400
Similar to Mold Prevention, being proactive with water damage can save you a lot of money, time, and hassle. Here are some tips for preventing water damage in your home:
1. Before a rainstorm, make sure your roof has no damage, holes, or areas that it can leak from. If there are any areas that can potentially cause a leak, call your roofer ASAP and see if they can fix it. If your roofer can't get out there in time, we can place a temporary tarp up to make sure the chances of water damage decrease drastically.
2. Frequently check your appliance supply lines. If any supply line is old or looks like it has been compromised, ask your plumber to switch out to new supply lines. A lot of water damages happen from appliance supply lines and bathroom supply lines.
3. Check your water pressure frequently. If there is a spike in your water bill, make sure there are no leaks coming out of a pipe.
Water Damage Dos and Don'ts
SERVPRO of Cienega Mitigation. Call now (323) 400-3400
- Be best prepared for any natural disaster and storm.
- Fix any leak ASAP. If you notice any leaks or roof damage, get a professional to correctly fix the issue.
- Call your insurance to file a claim if there is a lot of damage.
- Call SERVPRO of Cienega to come out to do an inspection of your commercial and residential property.
- Take care of your landscape. A lush landscape can slow down the spread of a fire.
- Hire someone you trust to do your work.
- Cover up the problem rather than solving it.
- Let moisture be trapped without correctly drying it.
- Filing an insurance claim after a long period of time from the water damage. Most insurance policies only cover leaks that happened less than 2 weeks ago.
- Skipping out on the maintenance work.
Meet Our Equipment
SERVPRO of Cienega Remediation. Call now at (323) 400-3400
Our water extractor is used to extract standing water. The extractor helps us greatly with removing out the water from solid surfaces which allows it to dry properly. This technique pulls out most of the water which can save the carpet from secondary damages and delamination.
This dehumidifier pulls out the moisture from the air and the affected materials and allows them to dry out. Our dehumidifiers have successfully dried out countless amounts of affected materials and have saved the homeowners and insurance companies thousands of dollars.
Similar to a dehumidifier, the desiccant takes in the air that contains moisture, dries the air, and puts back the drier air into the affected area. A desiccant is great to use in hard-to-dry areas like crawlspaces.
The air movers are commonly used to circulate the moisture particles in the room for the dehumidifier to take in. The air movers also help the dehumidifiers dry out the affected materials.
The air scrubber pulls in the air and filters some mold spores, odor, debris, dust, and other airborne particles.
Floor Mat System:
The floor mat system is used to dry out hardwood flooring. We have not only saved flooring from buckling but also saved floors that already showed signs of slight damages.